Doyle Vineyard Management is seeking viticulturists for the Seneca and Steuben County regions. Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Work under the direction of the Vineyard Manager and/or Director of Vineyard Development.
- Assist with multiple aspects of wine grape growing including the following tasks: apply pre-emergent herbicides and recommended pesticides on routine schedule, repair trellis systems, tie, prune, brush chop, harvest, mow, spot spray, drainage repair and installation, wildlife control, mulch, fertilizer application, and hedge.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task and interface with team.
- Adhere to DVM mission and values statement.
- Monitor and report on various activities such as canopy management, weed control, disease and pest control.
- Identify common vineyards pests and diseases specific to New York State.
- Collect vineyard data and input into viticulture database.
- Scout vineyards on a regular basis.
- Attend mandatory crew meetings.
- Willing to attain a NYS pesticide certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with additional hours during peak seasons, including weekends.
- Self-initiator with positive attitude.
To apply, send an employment application, resume and letter of interest to email@example.com